Supporting nursing, improving care
As an independent charity set up in 2010, we support nursing staff to improve the health and well-being of the public.
We offer financial support as well as career development opportunities to UK nurses, midwives, health care assistants and nursing students.
We also run schemes to fund nursing-led projects.
- York University project blog - a Foundation funded project
- Foundation on screen - view our new 'real stories' videos
- Impact report - download now and review our achievements from 2013 (printed copies available)
- Foundation newsletter - view the most recent issue
- About Us leaflet - download and share our new publication (printed copies available)
Since its inception in 2010, the Foundation has funded some amazing projects. These have looked at a range of areas including patient care and staff development in relation to dementia and an international workshop looking at developing a paediatric oncology nursing curriculum in low and middle-income countries. The Foundation also contributed to the refurbishment of the Royal College of Nursing Library and Heritage Centre.
Our scholarships and bursaries fund a wide variety of learning, development and research opportunities, providing the support individuals need to make a difference to quality patient care.
Through our Benevolent Funds, we provide vital support to help members of the nursing team get their lives and careers back on track in times of need.